Expectations of our Parents & Guardians
Following instructions from SLSA and in accordance with our COVID Safety Plan, only qualified Water Safety, Age Managers, Age Assistants and COVID Marshalls are permitted on the beach with our Nippers this season.
- We will require supervision for our Nippers, particularly for our youngest Age Groups, to ensure we can run our program and meet the requirements of SLSA and NSW Govt Health in regards to COVID.
- To ensure we comply with our COVID Safety Plan, it is requested that at least 1 member per family ito have either a Bronze Medallion, Surf Rescue Certificate and/or an Age Manager/Age Assistants Award qualification
- Minimum Requirement for Under 6 to Under 10 Age Group Parents & Guardians
- Recommended for Under 11 to Under 14 Age Group Parents & Guardians
- By registering your child, you are agreeing to complete this qualification and obtain a Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- Note General Membership fee is $40 per person
- When a parent or guardian is registering as a General Member, please forward your child's name and Age Group to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your registration is accepted.
- Maroubra SLSC or Surf Life Saving Sydney Branch may conduct a further training session via ZOOM for Age Managers/Age Assistants Award course in early November 2020.
- Further details to be provided.
- Alternatively you can complete at your own pace, the online Age Manager/Age Assistant Award training on the SLSA portal (under “eLearning”)
- Please Note: It is important you print, complete and submit your completed Age Managers Assessment Portfolio (attached) to your club. (Click Here)
- You will also need to provide your Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Please email our Age Manager Coordinator your expressions of interest.
Situation Subject to Change Throughout the Season - Our Current Nipper program assumes the current NSW Govt Health guidance on Community Sport remains in place for the duration of the 2020/ 2021 season.
- As the situation develops we may need to make further changes to our program.
Important Notice for Vulnerable People - We understand every family has its own individual circumstances.
- While we will adopt reasonable precautions in line with NSW Govt Health and SLSA Guidance, each family needs to make its own decision on whether they want to participate this season.
- Should a family decide not to join Maroubra Nippers for this season due to COVID concerns you will be treated as a returning member for the following season should you decide to re-join at that time.