Expectations of our Parents & Guardians
Following instructions from SLSA, only qualified Water Safety, Age Managers, Age Assistants and COVID Marshalls are permitted on the beach with our Nippers this season.
- We will require supervision for our Nippers, particularly for our youngest Age Groups, to ensure we can run our program and meet the requirements of SLSA
- It is requested that at least 1 member per family ito have either a Bronze Medallion, Surf Rescue Certificate and/or an Age Manager/Age Assistants Award qualification
- Minimum Requirement for Under 6 to Under 10 Age Group Parents & Guardians
- Recommended for Under 11 to Under 14 Age Group Parents & Guardians
- By registering your child, you are agreeing to complete this qualification and obtain a Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- Note General Membership fee is $40 per person
- When a parent or guardian is registering as a General Member, please forward your child's name and Age Group to Nipper Registrations to ensure your registration is accepted.
- Maroubra SLSC or Surf Life Saving Sydney Branch may conduct a further training session via ZOOM for Age Managers/Age Assistants Award course in early November 2021.
- Further details to be provided.
- Alternatively you can complete at your own pace, the online Age Manager/Age Assistant Award training on the SLSA portal (under “eLearning”)
- Please Note: It is important you print, complete and submit your completed Age Managers Assessment Portfolio (attached) to your club. (Click Here)
- You will also need to provide your Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Please email our Age Manager Coordinator your expressions of interest.