Fee For New Nipper (Age Groups Under 6 to Under 13)
$140 - first child (includes $110 Registration, $30 Rash Vest & Nipper Cap)
$130 - second child (includes $100 Registration, $30 Rash Vest & Nipper Cap)
$110 - each additional child (includes $80 Registration, $30 Rash Vest & Nipper Cap)
- Does include Registration Fee, Nipper Rash Vest and Nipper Cap
- Note that the Nipper Cap will be the same for every year
- If you require an additional Nipper Cap ($25) and/or Nipper Rash Vests ($30) then a separate fee is applicable
- Click Here to purchase online.
- For Under 6 Nippers, the child must be Five years of age (5) by 30th September before they can register.
- Due to the delayed start to the season, we may be able to accept a younger Nipper once they turn 5 years of age.
Fees For New Nipper (Age Group Under 14 only)
- Does include Registration Fee, Nipper Rash Vest and Nipper Cap.
- For New Under14 (SRC) Nippers (ie not previous season's Under 13 Nipper), the fee is $250 per Nipper
- Applicable to those Under 14 Nippers who weren't members of any surf previously (i.e. Under 13 or below in the preceding season).
Fees - General Membership For Parents & Guardians
- General Membership for Parents & Guardians - $40 per person
- Before following the registration instructions there are a few resources that you should first avail yourself of:
- The SLS Members Area User Guide is available online and also in soft copy to download Here.
- This is the definitive guide to using the SLS Members Portal. If you cannot find the information needed then further assistance can be found at https://help.sls.com.au/.
- This guide will help you whether you need to create a portal account, have a portal account already or are joining for the first time!
- All Maroubra SLSC members need an individual, up-to-date SLS membership account; which includes requiring separate accounts for each child and each parent/guardian club member:
- If you have any questions please email Nipper Registrations
You can join Maroubra SLSC for the first time or renew your membership quickly online through the Surf Life Saving Australia - Members Portal. https://sls.com.au/join/
A short user guide is available to download here
Once you have registered you will need to turn up to complete the pool proficiency swim. (Refer to Step 5).
Depending on registration numbers and attendees then the Proficiency swim are usually completed within 30 min of arrival.
Step 1. Joining for the first time
If you are enrolling a Under 6 or a new Maroubra Nippers member, then create their SLS account if they do not have one.
- Go to https://sls.com.au/join/
- Click Join
- Please ensure that you select Surf Life Saving NSW and Maroubra (NSW) as the surf club that you’re joining
- Fill out your details and submit
- To Join more members then click the ‘create a family group’ link
- Accept SLSA MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND DECLARATION (click to view it) :
- Tick the 3 boxes and fill in the parent or guardian full name section
- Submit the form
- If you more than one member is joining, then this must be repeated for each member.
- Proceed to Step 3
NEW MEMBER IDENTIFICATION
New members must send us an image of their proof of age (birth certificate or passport) to: Nipper Registrations
Step 2. Joining - no SLS portal account
If the member does not have a Surf Life Saving (SLS) account set up, before they can proceed they will need to set one up for each member joining Maroubra SLSC.
If the member currently has a SLS Account then they can skip this step. (Proceed to Step 3)
Once an account has been set up then Proceed to Step 3 (either Step 3 (A) Renew - with SLS Portal Account or Step 3 (B) Renew - with Family Group).
- Go to https://members.sls.com.au/
- At the bottom of the box you’ll see: Don’t have a Members Area account yet? Click here to create one.
- Enter your details and choose an ID confirmation method.
- This must be an email or mobile number originally used to join with.
- If you’re not sure what these details are contact the Nippers Registrar at Nipper Registrations
- Choose a username & password
- Activate your account using the code or link sent to you
- Go to next section - Renewing - with portal account below
Step 3. Renewing Family Group
If your family has several members of Maroubra SLSC, and one is over eighteen years of age, then you have the option to create a Family Group and renew your collective memberships in one transaction.
A Family Group greatly simplifies each season’s membership renewals but is not mandatory.
Please refer to SLS Members User Guide here for details.
- Create your Family Group and add all family members as per SLS Members Area User Guide
- Login to https://members.sls.com.au/ as your over eighteen, primary user.
- Select menu option “Memberships → Family” as shown highlighted below.
- You’ll now move to a Family Group Details page, with a Renew Memberships action listed on the right.
- Select Renew Memberships:
- You now select each family member for renewal, plus accept the SLSA Membership Declaration.
- Select Submit:
- All family members have now been renewed and are pending confirmation by Maroubra SLSC.
- Proceed to Step 4
- Move onto Make A Payment and Active Kids instructions below.
You can pay for more than one member at a time through the payment portal, just be sure to list each of their names.
Note : If you need to update any member's detail, please go back to My Family Dashboard (Memberships/Family) and select VIEW in the ACTION column ; Click on EDIT for each member that need an update. Change details, tick boxes and fill in the parent/guardian name section before submitting the form.
Note: All adult volunteers also all need a valid, up-to-date SLS account.
Age Managers, Age Assistants, Age Liaison Managers and other Helpers should join/renew their ‘General’ membership of Maroubra SLSC, whereas Water Safety and/or Patrolling members should enrol as ‘Senior Active’.
Step 4. Make a Payment (Three Options Available)
Option 1 - Preferred Method
If you wish to use your ACTIV Kids Voucher then please email Nipper Registrations with a screenshot of ACTIV Kids Voucher along with a copy of the Nipper's Birth Certificate or Passport.
Disregard the online payment and request an invoice to be issued please email Nipper Registrations and also send a copy of the Nipper's Birth Certificate or Passport
Complete payment process online.
Note: All membership applications won’t be processed until you’ve paid the appropriate annual membership fee.
Make sure you choose the correct membership type
For each under-18 member you’ll now be presented with a page where you can redeem an Active Kids voucher.
- Once an Active Kids Voucher has been redeemed, Maroubra Nippers' policy does not allow for a refund and/or transfer of the Active Kids Voucher if the registration is later cancelled and/or transferred to another surf life saving club.
If you wish to use one per under-18, fill out the requested details for each: Voucher code, PIN (child’s date of birth in the format DDMM [day & month]), and the full, pre-discount Maroubra Nippers membership fee for each.
When entering the Nippers Members details, please ensure their name and details match exactly as it appears on their Medicare card and Active Kids Voucher.
- If there is a discrepancy then we may be unable to accept the Active Kids Voucher.
Please email Nipper Registrations with a screenshot of ACTIV Kids Voucher
Note: If you don’t redeem your Active Kids vouchers at this point and instead leave this page it will not be shown again. You have only one opportunity to enter the required voucher information. Currently the only known means of returning to this page is to cancel your Maroubra Nippers pending membership request and starting the whole process
Otherwise just leave all fields blank. Click the Next button to proceed again.
Please ensure that Maroubra (NSW) is the Club/Organisation selected in the Payments Page:
You can make an individual payment per member, or submit several membership fees by adding a Transaction for each member and paying one total figure.
- If you have redeemed an Active Kids voucher then no further payment is required.
- Please ensure that each Transaction is of type Membership fee and that you specify each member’s full name and activity in the Payment Details:
- Fred Bloggs: Maroubra Nippers, or
- Fred Bloggs: Junior Activity Member (5-13 years)
- When all Transactions are entered, click Next at the foot of the page to proceed to credit card payment.
- A receipt will be emailed to you when credit card payment is completed.
- Your memberships are now pending renewal and will be processed by Maroubra SLSC.
Step 5. Pool Proficiency Swims
Once registered and fee has been paid, then All Maroubra Nippers must complete their Preliminary Aquatic Evaluation and, depending on their age, Proficiency Swim prior to participating in Nipper activities.
Please attend any of the dates below with no bookings required. The member will be required for approx. 30 minutes between any of the dates and times listed.
For the Age Specific distance and times please refer to Swim Proficiency for further details.
2021/2022 Proficiency Swim Dates:
If attending competition for ALL WATER EVENTS (including wade, swim, board, multi-discipline, team) and ALL SAND EVENTS (including sprints, flags, distance, team, R&R, March Past) all competitors must also complete their Preliminary Competition Evaluation and their Open Water Competition Swim prior to entering any Competition Events.
- "Higher Level of Supervision with Water Activities for Nippers with No Proficiency Swims Completed" and
- "No Sand or Water Competition for Competitors with No Competition Swim Evaluations Completed"
If you have any questions please email Nipper Registrations.